Thursday, September 29, 2011

2 days left...

     Well it looks like my time in Fayettenam has come to an end.  As much as I'd like to stay I think I'm ready to depart from this glorious, nurturing little bubble we call NWA.  Nothing but blind reverence really.  The things I'll miss: setting up shop in Wilson Park with my hammock shirtless like a dirty hippy and enjoying a book, Dickson St. and its plentiful bounty of brews and drunken pedestrians, all the local eateries and the beautiful scenery that comes with living in Fayetteville, the bike trail, but most of all the people and how accepting they are regardless of age or race.
     Things I'm looking forward to: seeing the rest of my family, FOOD, the technological advancements that have taken place, being in the city again, the explosion of culture that has taken place in recent decades, getting my lazy ass in shape while in the military (aside from my desk job I'm going to be in the gym ALL the time), spending some time on my grandparents rooftop playing my guitar (the only 3 story house left in the district where they live, BOOYAH).  The only thing that really bothers me is the time difference and the inability to contact my Craigs whenever I want :(  Sorry, I had a bitch moment there.
     Most of my packing is done, all that's left is the rest of my clothes and my keepsakes that I want to take with me.  It's weird to think that I won't be coming back to Fayetteville when I leave Korea.  Even weirder to think that all the things that I'm taking with me are clothes and my computers and my guitar.  My whole life in a couple of luggage bags.  I'm going to miss you Fayetteville, but I know you'll carry on without me.  Thank you for being good to me all these years, we'll meet each other again in the future.  You will forever be in my heart and don't forget I got you tattooed on my chest as a constant reminder of where I came from.  Until then, au revoir, ciao, adios, an young! <3

The Craig, JK

1 comment:

  1. You made me miss Arkansas with the beginning of your post. :(

    Good luck with everything! And hey, if you could eat that super hot curry, I believe you can do anything! :D

    ReplyDelete