Thursday, December 15, 2011

Quick update

    Just a short two months away until I ship off to basic training.  It'll probably be the closest thing I get to being an actual soldier but I'll take it.  After 4 weeks of that I start my government job at the Han River Business Administration or something (really don't know what it actually translates to from Korean).  Teaching is solid, I quit the third job to enjoy free days during the week.  My student at the hagwon is preparing to leave for Canada in a couple of weeks so I won't be seeing him until he comes back for summer vacation.  I'm about to teach one of my uncle's kids guitar, which will be fun.  What else...I've been going strong for the 2 months that I've been here but I still miss the states from time to time, though not as much these days.  My mom's coming in on March 4th, yeeeee.
     Today I went and bought some Christmas cards to send back home.  If you don't get one, just know I sent one in spirit form because I love everyone, also I probably don't have your address >.<  After that, I intentionally took a subway line and got myself lost in the city so I could walk around and blast some tunes.  It's pretty damn cold these days and I love it, but there hasn't been any snow yet.  I'm now sitting inside a quaint cafe writing this.  Sorry but the cards will probably arrive a day or two after Christmas, that's what I get for procrastinating.  I'd send gifts too but then I'd probably go broke from the shipping costs ^_^ , I'll just wait until it's birthday time.  Also, I found out that I might not be able to use my vacation days from the government job to visit the states or go outside of the country for that matter, so I'll just see you folks in 2 years.  Can't wait for summer since WinCraig is coming to visit and possibly Ross and his friend.  I'll probably be living in my own place by then so it'll be nice.  If you can visit me, you definitely should.  It's crazy fun here, good food and drinks, and lots of sights to see.  If you like backpacking, there's a ton of mountains to go hike too.  Well that's about it, until we meet again my chingoos (friends), love and miss y'all.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

~JK

No comments:

Post a Comment