Monday, November 21, 2011

I'll be home for Christmas...

     NOT... :(  I miss the lights up on Fayetteville Square but I'll survive.  What have I been up to lately?  Well...I'm currently working 2 part-time jobs teaching the beautiful Engrish language and possibly picking up a 3rd to fill in the extra days I'm not working, but probably not.  Commuting 1.5 hours to work and back gets a little tiring after a full day.  I recently picked up a private student who happens to be 37 years old (it's true when they say that Asians look younger than they are, I thought she was around her late 20's, early 30's when I first met her) on Mon/Wed.  She also happens to be the person I bought my hipster canvas bag from lol.  I've been enjoying our sessions, which we have at this neat little 4 story coffee shop.  Since we've gotten to know each other better, I feel more comfortable talking with her.  She's quite hilarious and helps me with my horrible Korean.  She teased me about how funny it is to read my texts and told me it was cute lol.  My other student that I teach on Fridays is leaving for Canada in January.  He's going to have a pretty rough time living there, especially at his level of English.  He's a good kid, but he tends to slack a little bit when it comes to English, haha.  Last week we went to eat dinner in the Gangnam area of Seoul at a sushi restaurant.  It was so cool because they had a conveyor belt with plates of sushi so that you could pick what you wanted to eat.  When you were done, they count up the plates you ate and calculate the price based on the color of the plates.  Derrrrricious.  The total only came out to only a little under $30 each, which is retarded cheap compared to sushi back in the states.  We had 16 plates total and I was completely stuffed.  Other than that, I've been drowning my boredom in music and TV shows.
     I visited my uncle in the southern part of Seoul and got to see his photography studio.  He does baby photos, starting from when the mother has the preggers tummy all the way through a year after birth.  The studio had lots of natural lighting and the props and backdrops they had setup for photo shoots were really relaxing.  I'd almost live there if I could pay rent, haha.  Nothing too exciting has happened yet but Jeff is coming to Seoul in December so I'm going to meet up and finally have some proper drinks.  It's crazy since I've known him since 2nd grade and now we're living in the same foreign country.
     In other news, Razorbacks are #3 baby!  Damn sad that I'm not in Fayetteville to revel in the joy with the rest of Hog nation but I'm doing my part by spreading the word here in Seoul whenever people ask me where I'm from!  I've been missing that good ol' Southern cooking, especially Penguin Ed's...geeez, though I've had lots of good Korean food so I can't complain.  I haven't been able to cook much since it's kind of hard to find the ingredients that are readily accessible back in the states so that'll have to wait until my mom gets here so I can make her go find them for me ^_^  Not much else to talk about at the moment.  I'm sitting in the same coffee place where I teach noona (means older sister, term of endearment) and enjoying a nice iced coffee.  As usual, enjoy the photos below.  I miss and love y'all, don't forget about me ;)
~JK

P.S Almost forgot, my last physical for the military is tomorrow and I'm more than certain that I'll be placed in a government job, starting sometime in March or April after I go through basic training, yeeee!
Kalgooksoo with clams with grandparents, uncle, and pops.

Sushi with my student.  I'm still in awe of the conveyor belt lol.

French toast squares and coffee during my last session with noona.

She bought me dinner after our lesson.  Spicy seafood soup and octopus lettuce wraps, yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment