Monday, October 3, 2011

Finally here

    14 hours on a plane, only being able to sleep for 1 of those 14 hours, and 7 movies later I'm finally at my grandparents' house in Korea.  The same house they've lived in for over 30 years.  It's smaller than I remember but that could be because I was a wee lad back then.  I'm feeling kind of numb on the inside, almost as if I don't care about anything.  It was nostalgic on the ride in seeing signs and store fronts and restaurants I vaguely remember.  But yeah, I just really don't know what to think of it so far.  I'm kind of homesick but I'm trucking on.  Living here is going to be a polar opposite of what it was like in Fayetteville, let's hope I can adjust quick, otherwise I'm going to go crazy.  I feel so helpless, HELP!!!

6 comments:

  1. John, everyone here is thinking about you and missing you! I'm so happy we all go to see you before you got on that plane but i'm not worried because I know this time is just going to fly by. I also know you are going to make the most of everything over there and in the end we will all be jealous of the journeys you get to experience and we don't (even though I think a trip there will be necessary). I'm thinking about you, keep us up to date, can't wait to talk to you soon! Be safe and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're strong enough, you'll make it! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you, man. I'm only a Skype click away and I never sleep anyway... Live it up out there. I'll be waitin' for you at the airport with a fatty Ed's BBQ sandwich next time you are back. Count on it, craig. Make the best of it, my friend. There is so much world out there and this is going to be one unforgettable experience.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Craaaig, glad to hear you made it safely! Like Evan said, we all miss you over here but time will sure pass us by quickly and the memories you make will be well worth the uneasiness. I'm not sure what I'll be doing now since you were one of the last close friends I have in Fay but life moves on and we try to make the most of it! Skype me sometime craig, cod feels like it has a void of shit talking and 1v1s now, as a matter of fact a guy last night was asking if anyone was good at quick scoping and wanted to 1v1. Had to pass since we couldnt bring you in to pwn the noobs! Take care good friend, pwn noobs FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Comments make me smile because it's you guys. It feels like I'm in school taking a language class right now. Long ass pages of English sentences with Korean translated underneath and a bevy of red pen marks with notes.

    ReplyDelete