Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ze tour and what I'm up to

So my photo booth keeps shutting down randomly but I managed to do a little tour of the inside of my grandparents' place. 
The garden on the porch after you come out of the front door. Lots of fruit trees and flowers.


The stairs lead up to the roof.  That little shack is where they keep the plum wine they make and has fruit that they store after they harvest or buy from the shop.

The old greenhouse turned to a storage space now on the roof.

View from the roof.  We're on the outskirts of the city so it's a little country and not as modern.

More roof, pots and other stuff.  

Ridiculous how much stuff they planted on the porch.

Stairs to come up to the main house.  When you exit at the bottom you come to the street and from there you can walk your way into the city, take a cab, or get on the subway.  Lots of storefronts along the way as well.  Also the bottom part of the house is being rented out.

Front door to house.

    Like I said in the video, I have one of my first translation officer interviews next week and I'm also probably going to have to start working within a couple weeks at a language/test prep school.  I'll be teaching English to kids ranging from middle school to college.  Also, not being around the language in the states, I've lost a considerable amount of vocabulary.  It's like I know they're speaking Korean but the words just fly over my head.  I can read it but what the hell does it mean?  That's why I have to study and read news articles to bolster my repertoire.  The biggest thing I'm worried about in my officer interviews/test is translating Korean to English purely due to the fact that I don't know much vocabulary but hopefully they'll be blown away by my "purpect engrish." ^_^
    My heart aches for the states and the people but I'm trying to keep as busy as I can.  My uncle and grandma are going to take me out to the city this weekend.  I'll take pictures then and post.  I know some of you want FOOD pictures so those will come as well.  I freakin' miss you guys, holla!

JK

2 comments:

  1. I'm curious to see the food too! I had so much fun taking pictures of the food when I was in China! I know you probably think I'm a weirdo since we only hung out in NYC and then here I am commenting all over your blog, but I am really interested in your adventures and I wish you the absolute best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think it's weird Kelsey, you're welcome to comment as much as you'd like! I did enjoy our time in NYC and thanks for showing me a good time while I was there.

    ReplyDelete